[ome-users] Import in Insight

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Sep 29 16:15:55 BST 2011

Hi Jean-Marie and Stefan,

> >I was not able to reproduce this with other image formats so I don't
> >know if it's a common problem. The Hitachi uses a separate txt
> >file for
> >the metadata, which could be the source of the problem.
>
> I suspect it is the case.
> Did you notice the problem when selecting the folder containing the
> image or when directly selecting the images?
>
> Could you give us the extension of the metadata files?

I was able to reproduce the problem using a dataset that Stefan has
already sent (Jean-Marie: see /ome/data_repo/4.3.2-new-formats/hitachi/).

The dataset contains two files; 001_q01.bmp and 001_q01.txt.  The .txt
file must be selected in order for the dataset to be detected as being
in the Hitachi format.  If I pick just the .txt file to be imported via
Insight, then the resulting image does not appear in the chosen
Project/Dataset.  If I pick the same file and Project/Dataset in the importer,
then the image does appear in the Project/Dataset.

The same problem also occurs with one of our MicroManager datasets
(test_images_good/micromanager/metadata.txt), so this is not isolated to
the Hitachi format.

I couldn't find anything obvious in Bio-Formats that would be causing
this problem, but I can keep looking if needed.

Regards,
-Melissa