[ome-users] Lif file - pre-set colours issue

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Nov 25 09:47:04 GMT 2011

Hi Kim,

 Currently, our strategy for setting colours is based on wavelength metadata for each channel.
This kinda works in many cases, but there are always edge cases where it fails.
I forget the cut-offs at the moment, but it's possible that any excitation wavelength of 500 or below is blue.
We have attempted to update the cut-offs etc several times, and always find that some file renders incorrectly.
Yours are 484 and 500nm.

We are attempting to address this problem for file formats that explicitly specify colours in their metadata:
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/3651
This includes LIF, LEI & LSM files.

You might be interested in a script, submitted to us by Pierre Pouchin, that does this same job after import, based on the Original Metadata:
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=920

 Cheers,

   Will.