[ome-users] OMERO functionality

jburel j.burel at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 19:09:40 GMT 2011

Hi Leon

We discussed  such functionality before starting the modifications of
the permissions system. We all agree that it will nice to have such
feature.

We decide to rework the permissions system in few stages.
* First ability to belong to several groups with different permissions
and switch between groups. (release)
* Move data between group (see #3532, see https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/milestone/OMERO-Beta4.4)
. That's  a  big and challenging task.
* The final stage will be for a user to have in the same display all
the groups he/she is a member of e.g. tree
Leon
  |_ g1
  |_g2
and allow to move data between groups.
Such display will obviously require a good amount of work client and
server side.

Regards

jmarie