[ome-users] LDAP question

Wood, Christopher CJW at stowers.org
Tue Mar 29 23:04:26 BST 2011

Hi,

We have just set up an omero 4.2.2 server to use ldap. I seems to work, but we are having an issue with upper/lower case usernames.

Our domain usernames are usually our initials, so I we login to everything as 'abc'. I always use lower case without problems. When I tried to login to omero for the first time with abc, I could not login. Logging in with all upper case ABC worked, and it created an ldap omero user as 'ABC', all caps (as it should).
Another person logged in with lower case, 'xyz', and it worked. It seems that the case of the username depends on who initially created a user account.

Is there any way to get around this from the omero point of view, so all usernames can be lowercase, regardless of the case on the ldap server
Thanks

Chris