[ome-users] number of institutions using OMERO

Brian Westra bdwestra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:48:04 BST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm new to OMERO and this list. We're planning on doing a pilot case with
one of our research labs and then evaluating things from there.

A couple of newbie questions, and my apologies up front if these have been
covered in previous posts.

1) How many of you are at an academic institution and in "production mode"
with OMERO?

2) Have you installed multiple instances of OMERO, or in some other way
scaled up your installation to manage image data across multiple
centers/institutes and research labs? Whichever approach you've taken, are
there any lessons you've learned that you can pass along?

3) We're very thin in terms of technical support that can be devoted to
OMERO set up and maintenance. Approximately how many hours/week (or month or
year) does your installation require for sys admin and/or other maintenance
activities (feel free to delineate the types of activities, such as account
setup, client and server software updates, problem tracking/help tickets,
etc.)

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian Westra  |  Lorry I. Lokey Science Data Services Librarian
University of Oregon Libraries
541-346-2654  |  bwestra at uoregon.edu