[ome-users] 4.3 Importer and Insight

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 22:21:03 BST 2011

Hi Chris,

  Thanks for this - I just tried it and found exactly the same issue.
In fact, it's not restricted to LSM files - I see the same with other
formats too.

I created a ticket for this - http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/6247

  Cheers,

    Will.

On 13 Jul 2011, at 19:04, Wood, Christopher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For Zeiss LSM files, I have found an unexpected difference between
> importing with OMERO.importer and OMERO.Insight.
>
> When using Insight, if I import lsm files, without the accompanying
> mdb file, under the acquisition tab the ‘Original Metadata”
> information is available and can be downloaded.
>
> When using the Importer, for the same files, the “Original Metadata”
> widget is not displayed.
>
> The same is true when viewing on OMERO.web to view the images.
>
> This is unexpected, because in previous versions the data imported
> would always have the metadata available.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

William Moore
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street