[ome-users] Minimal HCS OME-XML Spec

Matthew.Smicker at sanofi-aventis.com Matthew.Smicker at sanofi-aventis.com
Thu May 6 22:51:18 BST 2010

Hi all-
With the HCS additions to the OME-XML model, I am curious if there is a
minimal HCS specification available (e.g. SPW)?  I think this could be
useful to provide as a reference to instrument vendors and image
analysis software providers.

A few quick general OME-XML questions:
- does the model include any portions to describe image analysis results
(not just to a frame/field and below but also to a plate/well)?  Can
this be described in a distinct file from the file(s) containing the
pixels?

- image analysis software can export segmentation data (indication that
a specific pixel belongs to a certain segmented feature).  Is there a
portion of the model to handle this?

- I recall in the past a discussion about referencing pixel data that
may be contained in another file (TIFF I think).  Can anyone point me in
the direction of samples of this?

- are there any larger sample OME-XML datasets from HCS imagers (I
realize it would probably be converted and not native)

Best regards, Matt