[ome-users] No module named Ice

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Jan 14 16:40:38 GMT 2010

The problem is that the environment settings from this script aren't
getting passed into the shell of the "su" command. One solution would
be to use two scripts:

------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
su - bioviz -c "/Users/bioviz/omero/current/launch_me.sh
------------------------------------

and then as launch_me.sh

#!/bin/bash
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
export PATH=/opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin:$PATH

export PYTHONPATH=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
export PYTHONPATH=/Users/bioviz/omero/current/lib/python:$PYTHONPATH

logger -s "PYTHONPATH: $PYTHONPATH"
logger -s "PATH: $PATH"
/Users/bioviz/omero/current/bin/omero admin start

If, however, the login environment for bioviz contains those path
settings (say they've been set in .bashrc), then you can also use:

#!/bin/bash
su - bioviz -c "source .bashrc &&
   /Users/bioviz/omero/current/bin/omero admin start

Cheers,
~Josh