[ome-users] import of single Zeiss LSM files

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Dec 17 15:32:36 GMT 2010

Hi Martin,

  I think what we will do for now is what I described below (for LSMs)
which should fix most of your issues. E.g. If you select all (or one
or more) of the LSM files within a directory, with or without an mdb
present, then we import just those LSMs (ignore the mdb and any other
LSMs it references).
Ticket for this is http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/3701

For handling situations where you select the mdb AND a lsm contained
within it, this would require a bit more work to remove duplicates. We
probably won't do this unless people tell us it's a common problem.
And to fix the same situation for SP2 format is even more tricky (when
you select a tiff AND the lei container).
However, in both these situations where you choose to import
everything in the directory (select the directory itself for import)
we do parse all the files to make sure that we don't import duplicates
etc.

A message for every file type is a bit of an overkill, since only a
handful of formats (out of more than 100 that we support) have
multiple images per file.
We might consider a pop-up for explicitly choosing images (in the
style of the ImageJ LOCI importer) if we continue to have these
problems, but hopefully we can fix them by simply changing the
behavior to make it more predictable.

   Cheers,

    Will.

Begin forwarded message: