[ome-users] var/registry/ corruption

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Fri Sep 4 10:58:15 BST 2009

Alex Sossick writes:
 > Hi

Hi Alex,

 > In a bit of stress testing on my omero server, (maxOSX) I had the
 > problem that the omerodist var/registry/ gets corrupted easily and
 > needs deleting to be able to restart omero.
 >
 > Is there any issue with in the unlike event omero is not running to
 > automatically delete var/registry/ and then restart the server.

Deleting var/registry before the server starts is harmless. Doing so
while the server is running will not compromise your data in any way,
but may prevent you from logging in. Then you can shutdown and restart
(creating a new var/registry) and all will work as before.

 > An ungraceful shut down of the server corrupts var/registry/ quite often.

I know we've been through this before:

  http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2009-May/001767.html

but can you tell me again what an ungraceful shut down for you
means. I need to take this issue up with ZeroC, and other than calling
bin/omero admin start and stop in a loop, I've never been able to
reproduce this.

Many thanks,
~Josh.