[ome-users] Problematic OME-TIFF file

Brian Loranger brian.loranger at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Oct 23 11:10:46 BST 2009

Hi Mark,

Melissa and I had a look over this file this morning. The problem here
is that the ome.tiff contains 2 channels, but the tiff actually only
contains one. While this is a valid ome tiff, that setup is not
supported in the OMERO data model (hence the reason you can open it in
bio-formats but not in OMERO).

I was a bit surprised you got into a permanent analyze loop with this.
I have tried importing this file on mac and windows so far and in both
cases it failed 'properly' (adding the file to the QA report tab of
the importer). We will probably need to provide better feedback or
some workaround for both of your problem file types (the 2 to 1
channel and the multi-image-pixels ones you're having trouble with).

I'll keep trying to duplicate your endless analysis loop problem here.
In the meantime can you double check for me you're using the latest
server and client releases (from the download page) - just so we're
all on the same page.

Thanks for the feedback Mark,

Brian

On 22 Oct 2009, at 22:26, Woodbridge, Mark R wrote:

> It’s about 100MB, but same problem seems to affect upload of (for
> example) multi-image-pixels.ome.tif fromhttp://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/ome-tiff-data.html
>  which is about 10MB so looks like a more general problem with some
> types of OME-TIFF.
>
> But, more generally, Beta4.1 is looking good – many thanks to the
> OMERO developers! All our other file formats have uploaded
> successfully, including some which have only been supported since
> this new release. Other large files haven’t presented a problem
> either.
>
> Mark.

Brian Loranger
Software Developer, Open Microscopy Environment
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression
University of Dundee
(The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No:
SC015096)