[ome-users] Making Omero work with Ice

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Thu Mar 26 17:28:05 GMT 2009

Hello,

Unfortunately I got stuck again... After running 'bin/omero admin start'
and 'bin/omero admin deploy', when I run 'bin/omero admin status' I get:

palmeida at polyhymnia:~/OMERO_test/OMERO/dist$ bin/omero admin status
node is up
Server not reachable

Running 'bin/omero admin adduser' displays the usage help message for the
omero command and trying the script in

 http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroGrid

returns an error after 'sf = c.createSession()'

>>> sf = c.createSession()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/palmeida/OMERO_test/OMERO/dist/lib/omero/__init__.py", line 334,
in createSession
    prx = self.getRouter(self.__ic).createSession(username, password)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/Glacier2_Router_ice.py", line 104,
in createSession
    return _M_Glacier2.Router._op_createSession.invoke(self, ((userId,
password), _ctx))
Glacier2.PermissionDeniedException:
exception ::Glacier2::PermissionDeniedException
{
    reason = internal server error
}

But I guess that is expected if the server is unreachable and I can't add
users. Do you have any idea why this would happen? I checked that postgre is
running and the database omero4 exists and is owned by omero, but it is
empty:

omero4=> \d
No relations found.

Shouldn't the deploy command create the tables?

Thanks,
Paulo