[ome-users] Making Omero work with Ice

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Wed Mar 25 18:04:11 GMT 2009

Hi,

I had an OmeroGrid installation that was working, but I had to reinstall the
OS and now I am getting an error. When I run:

bin/omero admin start

there is not output, but then I run:

bin/omero admin deploy etc/grid/default.xml

and I get this:

error: IceGrid::DeploymentException:
couldn't load `Blitz-0' on node `master':
can't set permissions on directory
`/mnt/OMERO_test/OMERO/dist/var/master/servers/Blitz-0'

-----------

When I reinstalled the OS I had to install Ice, PostgreSQL, etc, but I didn't
touch the Omero folder. Do you have any idea about what I may have forgotten
that would cause this error? I also tried compiling Omero.blitz, but I get
this error when running 'bin/omero admin start':

icegridnode: failure occurred in daemon:
service caught unhandled Ice exception:
../../include/Ice/BasicStream.h:412: Ice::UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException:
protocol error: out of bounds during unmarshaling
from /mnt/OMERO_test/OMERO_blitz/dist/var/log/master.err:
../../include/Ice/BasicStream.h:412: Ice::UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException:
protocol error: out of bounds during unmarshaling

Thanks for any help,
Paulo