[ome-users] 4.0.0 release of Bio-Formats

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Mar 3 15:45:26 GMT 2009

Hi,

Today LOCI (http://loci.wisc.edu) and Glencoe Software
(http://glencoesoftware.com) have released version 4.0.0 of Bio-Formats
(http://loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html).  This release includes the
following changes:

* Improved OME data model population for Olympus FV1000, Nikon ND2,
Metamorph STK, Leica LEI, Leica LIF, InCell 1000 and MicroManager
* Added TestNG tests for format writers
* Added option to ImageJ plugin to specify custom colors when
customizing channels
* Added ability to upgrade the ImageJ plugin from within ImageJ
* Fixed bugs in Nikon ND2, Leica LIF, BioRad PIC, TIFF, PSD, and OME-TIFF
* Fixed bugs in Data Browser and Exporter plugins
* Added support for Axon Raw Format (ARF), courtesy of Johannes Schindelin
* Added preliminary support for IPLab-Mac file format

You can download the latest release at:

http://loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats-download.html

Please note that we have changed the version numbering scheme in this
release.  In the past, the release date was used as the version number;
this release and all future releases will use three numbers separated by
dots (e.g. 4.0.0).  This version numbering scheme corresponds to the
scheme used by other OME products, including OMERO
(http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/).

We anticipate releasing the next major version of Bio-Formats in
mid-May.  The roadmap for this release is available at:

https://skyking.microscopy.wisc.edu/trac/java/milestone/bio-formats-4.1.0

If you have questions, comments or concerns regarding Bio-Formats, we
would love to hear them.  Bug reports and general usage questions should
be sent to the Bio-Formats developers at bioformats at loci.wisc.edu.
Licensing and commercial usage questions should be sent to
bioformats at glencoesoftware.com.

Regards,

Melissa Linkert
Glencoe Software, Inc.