[ome-users] Using something other than CN for username with LDAP

Jay Copeland jay_copeland at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 10 20:42:45 BST 2009

We using LDAP to authenticate our Omero users. Is it possible to set it up
so that it uses something other than CN for username. In our environment CN
is the user's full name in Active Directory. This can be in the form of John
Smith, John Hugh Smith, John H. Smith, or John H Smith. Unfortunately the
typical user does not know which. We have a shorter user ID that most people
know and would prefer to use this as the username for Omero.

Jay Copeland
Research Technology Coordinator
Department of Systems Biology
Warren Alpert Building - Room 438