[ome-users] OMERO and MRTG

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Jan 27 08:04:10 GMT 2009

» Ruben Alves writes:
 > Hi everyone,

Hi Ruben,

 > A few months ago, I wrote to this ML talking about monitoring
 > things in OMERO.  At the moment, I only wanted to be able to
 > monitor how many users are connected to OMERO.  There is any
 > command to do that?  (I'm using Beta 3.2)

There have been no methods directly added in Beta 3.2 nor yet in Beta
4 for doing monitoring-like activities. But it is possible now to do
something of the form:

  import omero

  client = omero.client()
  sf = client.createSession()
  print len(sf.getQueryService().findAllByQuery(\
      "select s from Session s where s.closed is null", None))

which will return the number of active sessions. (One will always be
open which the server uses internally.)

Could you possibly open a ticket for Beta4 with methods you'd like to
have, and we'll see how far we can get? No promises since we're
already working like mad-hatters for the release, but it helps to know
that you're still interested!

Best wishes,
~Josh.

Links