[ome-users] depoy error

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Fri Jan 23 09:25:00 GMT 2009

jeanpierre_clamme at gg.nitto.co.jp writes:
 > Hi,

Morning Jean Pierre

 > I'm trying to install the last version of omero server on a windows xp 64
 > machine and when I try to deploy the server using:

You mean the 3.2 server download, right?

 > java omero setup-db deploy
 >
 > I'm getting this error
 >
 > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: omero
 > Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: omero
 > Could not find the main class: omero.  Program will exit.
 >
 > this is the version of java I have:
 >
 > D:\>java -version
 > java version "1.6.0_11"
 > Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0-b16, mixed mode)
 >
 > please help

:) As always, we'll do our best. This looks like a classpath
issue. You most likely have CLASSPATH set as an system/environment
variable. You can see if you do by running:

  C:\> set

and looking for "CLASSPATH". If it is set, you can either unset it
with:

  C:\> set CLASSPATH=

or pass "-classpath" to java.exe directly:

  C:\> java -classpath . omero

For more information, see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/classpath.html

Hope that helps. If not, let us know.