[ome-users] install ome

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Fri Feb 27 20:26:46 GMT 2009

Curtis Rueden writes:
 > Hi John,

 > Thanks for your inquiry. I am replying to the OME users list since it is
 > generally the best place to ask questions and receive support.
 >
 > WND-CHARM currently exists in two forms: 1) a MATLAB-driven version
 > integrated with the OME Perl server, and 2) a more recent pure C/C++
 > version. There is currently no capability for the OMERO platform to interact
 > with WND-CHARM, though we plan to explore such a linkage in a future
 > release. There has also been discussion of potentially integrating WND-CHARM
 > with CellProfiler.
 >
 > You can find the WND-CHARM documentation on the OME site, but unfortunately
 > it focuses on the older MATLAB-based version, and does not provide
 > standalone download links (the MATLAB version is bundled with the OME Perl
 > server download):
 > http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/documents/data-management/ome-server/using-ome-server/automated-image-classification

The C/C++ version is available on the OME trac at:

  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/browser/trunk/src/C/WND_CHARM

or via SVN at:

  http://svn.openmicroscopy.org.uk/svn/ome/trunk/src/C/WND_CHARM/

Getting the code working is straight-forward autotools, though you
will need the fftw3 library installed. With a much older version of
the OMERO C++ binding, I had investigated loading files from the
server. But since the command line version works very neatly with
directories of images, there's no immediate need.

Hope that helps,
~J.