[ome-users] error when install the omero-4.0.2 server

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Apr 29 09:02:02 BST 2009

 > Le-shin Wu wrote:
 > > Hi,

Hi.

 > > I am a new user to OMERO project.

Welcome!

 > > I am trying to install the OMERO 4.0.2 server on my
 > > workstation. I compile the source successfully. But I got the
 > > following error message when I type "bin/omero db script"
 > > commend.

Mario's right. There's something wrong with your PYTHONPATH.

Mario Valle writes:
 > Can this be put in the FAQ?

Definitely. You should just get a login, Mario. :)

 > It is the third time this shows up in the last few days.
 > Set the PYTHONPATH environment variable as per the documentation.

The previous thread related to this is here:

  http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2009-March/001505.html

How did you install Ice? If it's not installed globally, you'll need
to add it to your PYTHONPATH.

Perhaps you can show us the results of:

  echo $PYTHONPATH
  python -c "import Ice"

Also, if you installed via RPMs did you also install ice-python?

Best wishes,
~Josh.