[ome-users] Windows installation error

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Apr 21 17:58:07 BST 2009

jtr jacob writes:
 > Hi,

Hello,

 > I have been following the instructions to install OME server on a
 > Windows box. I got all the pre-req and pre-install done. I have
 > used all the default settings. However, when I come to initialize
 > the OME database, I get this error when running bin\omero db script

 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File "bin\omero", line 67, in <module>
 >     import omero.cli
 >   File "C:\omero_dist\lib\python\omero\__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
 >     import Ice, Glacier2
 > ImportError: No module named Ice

This should mean that only the steps:

 * "Edit the existing System environment variable Path and add a new
   System environment variable PYTHONPATH pointing to the relevant Ice
   installation location:"

 * "Restart your computer. For environment changes to take effect in
   background services, a restart is unfortunately necessary. See
   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821761 for more information."q

under "Update your Windows environment variables: (REQUIRES RESTART!)"
went wrong. Could you send us the output of:

 C:\>  echo %PYTHONPATH%

from a console? If that contains "C:\Ice-3.3.1\python" then one
possibility is that PYTHONPATH is set as a user environment setting
rather than a system one.

Hope that helps.
~Josh