[ome-users] Windows installation error

jtr jacob jtrjacob at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:12:01 BST 2009

Hi,
I have been following the instructions to install OME server on a Windows box. I got all the pre-req and pre-install done. I have used all the default settings. However, when I come to initialize the OME database, I get this error when running bin\omero db script
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin\omero", line 67, in <module>
    import omero.cli
  File "C:\omero_dist\lib\python\omero\__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
    import Ice, Glacier2
ImportError: No module named Ice

I have tried restarting the machine, re-copying omero_dist etc. The error seems to stay put. One of the causes could be that I had ActivePython 2.6 running, which I deleted and went back to 2.5.4... and then rebooted the machine. Didn't seem to make a difference

Appreciate if you can suggest me some directions to troubleshoot
Thanks!