[ome-users] OMERO4__0.sql created in the wrong place

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Tue Apr 21 13:57:50 BST 2009

josh.moore at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi Mario,
>
> You're right: using the current directory is probably the best option,
> but it's also important to realize that OMERO_HOME will be respected
> for other operations: bin/omero finds it's installation either by
> OMERO_HOME or if that's not set, by following all symlinks until it
> finds a physical directory. If that sounds faulty to you, let us know.

No problem, I understand. Simply the effect was unexpected.
So maybe it is better to document its usage in the installation guide.

Till now I have the following environment variables defined:

# Needed for building OmeroCpp to find slice2cpp
PATH=/Users/mvalle/Ice-3.3.0/cpp/bin:${PATH}

# Needed for OmeroCpp building and for OMERO server run
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/mvalle/Ice-3.3.0/cpp/lib:${DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}

# Needed for OMERO server run and OmeroCpp building
PYTHONPATH=/Users/mvalle/Ice-3.3.0/py/python:/omero-4.0.1/dist/lib/python

# Needed for OmeroCpp building
ICE_HOME=/Users/mvalle/Ice-3.3.0

# I don't remember who needs it
OMERO_HOME=/omero-4.0.1