[ome-users] omero image exports

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 14:02:14 BST 2009

Hi Colin-

Thanks for your email.

On 18 Apr 2009, at 21:15, Colin Fuller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just set up an omero server (beta 4.0.1), and it's working out
> quite well so far.  One thing I haven't figured out how to do is do
> some sort of batch export of images from the server in the
> omero.clients programs.

Great idea, and something that we have certainly talked about, but
indeed, not there yet.

> I can save them one at a time through the
> viewer, but we generally operate on rather large datasets, so this is
> not a feasible way for people to access get their images in order to
> run them through analysis programs.  Is there some way to do this in
> the client programs that I haven't found in the documentation?

Within the OMERO clients, no.  But you can use the scripting interface
to do this.  This is, for example, how we do our Matlab processing.  See

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroScripts

If you give us an idea of what you are looking for in the clients
(download a dataset, download archived images, etc.), we'll look at it
and see what we can do.

Cheers,

Jason

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street