[ome-users] Is Pojos gone?

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Apr 7 18:48:26 BST 2009

Mario Valle writes:
 > Ciao!

Ciao, Mario!

 > Is Pojos services gone in Beta 4?

IPojos is now named IContainer. Did we forget to document that?

 > If yes, can the javadoc http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/OMERO/javadoc/ be
 > regenerated to reflect the current available methods? (it's already difficult to try to
 > understand C++ from Java...)

This is an important point. What do you think we can do to help out
with the mapping? Have you already seen:

  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroClients

 > Is it correct that all queries for Projects, Datasets and Images should now pass through a
 > Gateway object?

Not necessarily. The Gateway object is an attempt --still under
construction-- to provide many of the most common methods. IContainer
(i.e. IPojos) is still available, as is IQuery. If you have particular
methods you would like to see implemented or pushed into the server,
please let us know.

 > How can I retrieve the user ID from an Experimenter object? It is needed for example in
 > getProjects() to retrieve all projects of a given user. I can retrieve all the fields of
 > the experimenter PSQL table except the ID.

Inheritance. Check. :)

 > Thanks!
 > 		mario

Very welcome.