[ome-users] (no subject)

Caterina Strambio De Castillia strambc at mail.rockefeller.edu
Tue Apr 7 14:25:54 BST 2009

Hi Paulo
thank you for your reply and help.

As far as fixing my .lif import bug, I am not a developer (yet) and I
cannot think of solving it myself. I will have to rely on the OMERO
developers for this one.

As far as the more general .lif handling by OMERO, your post raises
two interesting points:

1) the .lif file is actually more like a directory file with multiple
"acquisitions" stored into it (each of which could be composed of
several actual image-plane files).
The ability for OMERO to sort through each "acquisition" and import
it as a separate, correctly named, OMERO-image would  actually be
quite critical even though I am not sure how easy it is to implement.

It is clear though that with heavy SP5 usage users would be
discouraged from using OMERO if they have to go through renaming
their files once they have been imported into OMERO. I have found
myself in that position when importing into imageJ and it is really
hard especially because one looses all tracks of which image is which
without a meaningful file name matched with each image.

So solving this problem will be critical.

One possible way to implement would be to treat each .lif file at the
Project level with each "acquisition" stored as an image inside the
Project.

2) A related issue, did you notice if the metadata was imported
correctly for each "acquisition" in the .lif file?
In other words, did each image imported into OMERO have its own set
of correct metadata (some of the metadata would be shared, other such
as the specifics of each acquisition, would be clearly different).

Thank you for your imput

CIAO
Caterina