[ome-users] extract images from OMERO

Straatman, Dr K.R. krs5 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Apr 3 17:51:45 BST 2009

Dear OMERO users,

We have been testing OMERO Beta 3.x (the Computer Centre the server side, I the user side) and the improvements I have seen on the website for OMERO 4 are impressive but we had no time to test it yet. We are looking for an imaging storage and backup system and OMERO can do many things I like. However, going through the function descriptions on the website it is not clear for me how to export data from OMERO to for example Imaris software, Huygens deconvolution software or any other analysis package the users might want to use. I understand from an earlier email from Andrew Patterson, which also has been posted on the list server, that a plugin for ImageJ is being updated and I saw there is also support for MatLab. He also mentioned OMERO.fs. Will this keep the full functionality of OMERO or because the images are on a different location will lose functionality? Before I can implement OMERO I have to be sure how to get images out of OMERO, analyse them and put them back into OMERO, if possible without too much fuss.

Thanks for your help

Kees

Dr. K.R. Straatman
Senior Experimental Officer
School of Biological Sciences
http://www.le.ac.uk/biochem/microscopy/home.html

Postal address:
Department of Biochemistry
Henry Wellcome Building
University of Leicester
Lancaster Rd.
Leicester LE1 9HN
UK
tel.: + 44 (0)116 229 7085/252 2263
fax: + 44 (0)116 229 7031

Times Higher Education University of the Year 2008-9