[ome-users] update existing db

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Thu Apr 2 13:36:32 BST 2009

Bernhard Voigt writes:
 > Dear Omero-Developers,

Hi Bernhard,

 > I ran the update sql script as described on
 > http://openmicroscopy.org/site/documents/data-management/omero4/server/upgrade
 > to move from Omero3.1.1 to version 4.0. Unfortunately I get an pretty
 > much in the beginning. There's a message like this:
 >
 >  ERROR:  Table is not empty: category Please contact the OME
 > developers for more information --
 > http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community
 >
 > What should I do? Empty the table manually - it's just test data?

Yes. There are some types that we don't yet expect to be in any
production databases and if they are, then they are almost certainly
malformed, which is why we've added the "Table is not empty"
check. You can either use:

  DELETE FROM categorygroupcategorylink;
  DELETE FROM categoryimagelink;
  DELETE FROM categorygroup;
  DELETE FROM category;

or even:

  DROP table category CASCADE;
  etc.

Categories were deprecated during the upgrade to OMERO3A__5, and
finally removed in OMERO4__0:

https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/browser/trunk/sql/psql/OMERO3A__5/CGCtoPDI.sql

 > Thanks! Bernhard

Sure.