[ome-users] Unable to open Omero Insight/Importer

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Thu Nov 20 19:50:00 GMT 2008

On 20 Nov 2008, at 12:27, Paulo Almeida wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Paulo.

> If possible, option 3 might be making the client use the same DNS as
> the
> server. I don't know how it works with Java. Does it use something
> like /etc/resolv.conf , or does it have its own DNS configuration?

It uses the host OS's name resolution service. So, on Windows you can
"override" this with local configuration in:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

on Mac OS X by using Netinfo, and other UNIX based platforms using /
etc/hosts. You can of course also set the search domains in your
platform's GUI tools or by using /etc/resolv.conf.

> - Paulo

Ciao.

-Chris