[ome-users] OMERO Server Remote Access problem

Nandakumar, Sriramkumar sriramkumar at uky.edu
Fri Nov 7 17:45:32 GMT 2008

Hi,
I have deployed OMERO omero-Beta3.1.1 on Fedora 8.

I am facing few problems in OMERO.

1) I am able to view the OMERO server in that  particular machine where I have deployed. I am able to access the omero server page using http://localhost:8080/WebAdmin or http://<ipaddress>:8080/WebAdmin

I have specified the ipaddress in \etc\hosts in the format,

<ipaddress> hostname hostname

But its not possible for me to access OMERO Server remotely.

2) Its also not possible for me to access both OMERO.insight and OMERO.importer. I am getting the following error every time.

"Failed to log on to OMERO
Please check your user name
and/or password or try again later"

Could anyone help me out in resolving this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriram.