[ome-users] Insight GUI problems on Linux

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Tue Nov 4 14:06:00 GMT 2008

Slowly making progresses...

After opening the TCP ports for OMERO.insight, I launched it from a Linux (Suse 10.4) machine.

After entering username and password, insight hangs. Today I discovered that a dialog
saying: "Your session has expired. The changes you might have made have not been saved. To
do so, you need to reactivate the session." appears *behind* the splash screen. After
moving the splash screen and pushing on "reconnect" button. The dialog appeared other two
times and then the insight window appeared.
Also if I push "reload the tree" button, the same dialog appears twice.

Seems like some other port (besides 1098, 1099, 4444 and 3873) should be opened on the
server. Is it correct?

If could be useful, insight displays the following message as soon as I enter the password:
Nov 4, 2008 2:49:54 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$7 run
WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /home/mvalle/.java/.userPrefs/prefs.xml
Nov 4, 2008 2:49:54 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$7 run
WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /local/jre1.5.0_07/.systemPrefs/prefs.xml

Thanks for your help!
			mario

--
Ing. Mario Valle