[ome-users] upgrade db for beta 3.0.1 to 3.1.1 failed

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Mon Nov 3 14:07:56 GMT 2008

Kent Nasveschuk writes:
 > Hello,

Hi Kent
 >         I got the following errors during the database upgrade from
 >         Omero Beta3.0.1 to Beta3.1.1

You might take a look at this thread:

http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2008-October/001140.html

 >         ERROR: syntax error at or near "," at character 975 LINE
 >         23: FOR dup1, dup2 IN EXECUTE sql LOOP Suggestions?

I assume you are also using Postgres 8.1 or earlier? If that's not the
case, could you provide us some more information about your
platform?

If it is the problem, you have a couple of options. You can upgrade
postgres and retry the upgrade script. You can download the updated
upgrade script from:

https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/browser/trunk/sql/psql/OMERO3A__11/OMERO3A__5.sql?format=txt

or you can wait until the upcoming Beta3.2 server is released, which
will include the updated script.

Let us know how things go.

Best wishes,
~Josh.