[ome-users] stupid Marek

Matthias Dunda Matthias.Dunda at carus-it.com
Mon Mar 31 10:13:47 BST 2008

Just make sure the entry for the machine running the JBOSS is the same on both (all) machines - when you're not using DNS. You needn't use domain names: just add the same line like

123.123.123.123 hostname

to both etc/hosts-files.

We had a similar problem! The JBOSS tells the OMERO.insight client its name like it is in its hosts-file. The client then uses this name to find the JBOSS server again - even if you specified the IP in the login screen.

Cheers
Matthias