[ome-users] OMERO.client cannot connect to OMERO.server on different (ome-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 5)

Matthias Dunda Matthias.Dunda at carus-it.com
Thu Mar 6 15:03:11 GMT 2008

Hi there -

we encountered a similar issue:

When connecting to an OMERO server which is not in the DNS, the name of that server must be entered in the client's local hosts file (even in Windows).

It seems like that the client connects to the server via IP, the application server answers with its name and then the client wants to use this name for further connections.... and either it should find it in the DNS or the etc-hosts...

Cheers
Matthias