[ome-users] Adding new users/experimenters

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jan 29 08:28:01 GMT 2008

Hi Matthias-

There are various ways to add new users, via  the OMERO.webadmin
application.  See the the demo movie at

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/howto/

for a full description of how this works.

Cheers,

Jason

On 29 Jan 2008, at 08:10, Matthias Dunda wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> how do I add new users/experimenters to OMERO Beta2.3? I see no
> option in Insight... Do I have to do it manually either by using
> the JavaAPI or by SQL directly in postgres?
>
> If the last one, which hash-function is used for the password and
> is it a postgres internal function?
>
> Cheers,
> Matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Dunda, Dipl.-Inform.
> c.a.r.u.s. HMS GmbH
> Bornbarch 9, D-22848 Norderstedt
> Fon: +49.(0)40.5 14 35-0
> Fax: +49.(0)40.5 14 35-11 11
>
> Amtsgericht/Register Court: Kiel, HRB 4587 NO
> Sitz/Registered Office: Norderstedt
> Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Karl-Heinz Witt, Dr. Matthias Rath

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street