[ome-users] OMERO b2.2 problems

McCaughey, Michael J michael.j.mccaughey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Nov 13 15:37:24 GMT 2007

Sorry for the ridiculous inability to do inline quoting on this (I *hate* MS LookOut).

I have figured out the problem with the client access to the server upgraded from b2 to b2.2.  The server did not have a DNS entry, so when accessing the b2 server with b2.1 clients, I used the server IP address.  That worked fine for the pre-b2.2 server and clients, but does not work with the b2.2 server/clients. Getting a proper DNS entry for the server cured the access problem.  Note that my /etc/hosts file has not been changed, and has always mapped the server name to it's IP. Just FYI for anyone else using non-resolvable addresses.

As for the laptop, I used a stock pre-built binary install. Killing and restarting yields this:
09:19:06,051 INFO  [HbmBinder] Mapping collection: ome.model.containers.Dataset.annotations -> datasetannotation
09:19:06,203 INFO  [ConnectionProviderFactory] Initializing connection provider: org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider
09:19:06,247 WARN  [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: database "omero3" does not exist)
       at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:179)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:57

The omero3 db is gone?  Yep:
postgres$ psql -l
       List of databases
  Name    |  Owner   | Encoding -----------+----------+-----------
postgres  | postgres | SQL_ASCII
template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
(3 rows)

Yep, gone.  Weird. And I'd created users, uploaded images, etc.

I don't think I'm going to reinstall given the frequency of sleep events.  It's not worth doing a laptop edition; it's just handy for demos where network connectivity is not available.  If I can help with debugging, let me know.

Mike

Michael J. McCaughey, PhD
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
U9203 MRBIII