[ome-users] OMERO b2.2 problems

McCaughey, Michael J michael.j.mccaughey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Nov 12 22:12:43 GMT 2007

I've run into a couple of problems with the beta 2.2 release that I could use some help with...

First, I upgraded a 2 server to 2.2. The upgrade went smoothly, and process matched those on the upgrade wiki page.  I deleted the existing 2.1 clients and installed 2.2 versions.  The WebAdmin tool works as expected, the old users are there and new ones can be added, but now clients cannot connect to the server. I've deleted and reinstalled, etc., no luck.
The server hosts file is correct (I had to fix it for the 2.1 clients).  Brian is looking into this, but I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone else had a suggestion.

Second, I installed 2.2 on a MacBook Pro (core duo), and installed the 2.2 clients on the same machine.  This worked great, I used it for several hours setting up test users and the updated importer (thanks Brian & Mellisa for fixing the LSM large-file problem). No problems.  I then let the machine hibernate a few minutes while I walked to a conference room to demo it for a group of interested parties. When I tried the clients (which I had left running), they bombed.  WebAdmin did too. I rebooted, and now the clients won't connect.  WebAdmin doesn't recognize any logins as valid, including root.  Oops.  Good thing the rest of my talk was long.
So, does suspend/power save kill the server (the jboss process is still running, tho). Could it corrupt the db?

How does one safely uninstall Omero on the Mac?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J. McCaughey, PhD
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics