[ome-users] Not able to connect remotely

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Fri May 25 19:16:30 BST 2007

Paulo Almeida writes:
 > Hi Josh,

Hi again Paulo.

What's important is that we get your topology straight. There are
three machines involved.

 A, the database
 B, the server
 C, the client

B needs to be able to "see" the db on A. That means if you configure
OMERO on B, you'll need to point it at A, using either the hostname of
A or the ip address (which includes "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" if the
database is on the same machine). On A, you'll need to configure
pg_hba.conf to permit B to view that database.

It seems you worked things out to this stage.

The problem you're running into now is that C cannot communicate with
B. 127.0.0.1 always points to the localhost, so you'll need to
configure your client on C with "argos" or 172.22.50.245 (I'm guessing
that this is the right ip from your email).

Good luck,
Josh.