[ome-users] More matlab questions

Brian Ruttenberg berutten at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Feb 21 18:49:47 GMT 2007

I'm currently trying to integrate some matlab execution modules into our
OME database, and I'm running into some trouble.  Hopefully someone out
there can lend some insight...

I have a matlab function that outputs pixels and a string tag.  In our
database, we have a semantic type called a PixelSet, which is just a
label of the different operations that we have performed on a set of
pixels.  So ideally, I would like this matlab analysis module to output
directly into that semantic type with the pixel reference and the string
tag of the operation performed.    However, I can't seem to get the two
outputs go to the same database entry.

For example, in my analysis module I have:

          <Declaration>
            <FormalInput Name="Pixels" SemanticTypeName="Pixels" Count="!"/>
            <FormalOutput Name="BinaryPixels"
SemanticTypeName="PixelSet" Count="!"/>
             <FormalOutput Name="BinaryTag" SemanticTypeName="PixelSet"
Count="!"/>
          </Declaration>

                  <ExecutionInstructions ExecutionGranularity="I"
xmlns="http://www.openmicroscopy.org/XMLschemas/MLI/IR2/MLI.xsd"
            <FunctionInputs>
                           <Input><PixelsArray
FormalInput="Pixels"/></Input>
            </FunctionInputs>
            <FunctionOutputs>
                           <Output><PixelsArray
FormalOutput="BinaryPixels" ConvertToDatatype="uint16"/></Output>
                           <Output><Scalar
OutputLocation="BinaryTag.Tag"/></Output>
            </FunctionOutputs>
          </ExecutionInstructions>

Where PixelSet contains a pixel reference and a string tag.  But int the
database, it is stored as:

ome=# select * from pixelset;
 attribute_id | image_id | module_execution_id |    tag    | pixels
--------------+----------+---------------------+-----------+--------
          222 |       17 |                  83 | default     |    220
          232 |       18 |                  84 | default     |    230
          725 |        1 |                 105 |                  |    722
          726 |        1 |                 105 | Binarized |
          730 |        2 |                 107 |                  |    727
          731 |        2 |                 107 | Binarized |
          735 |        3 |                 109 |                  |    732
          736 |        3 |                 109 | Binarized |
          740 |        4 |                 111 |                  |    737
          741 |        4 |                 111 | Binarized |
          745 |        5 |                 113 |                  |    742
          746 |        5 |                 113 | Binarized |

As you can see, the two outputs each have their own attribute ID's, but
I would like to combine them so the Tags and the Pixels match up in the
database.

Hopefully I'm not way off on this, but any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks!

Brian