[ome-users] OMERO Clients and Java 1.6

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 17:17:43 BST 2007

Hi-

Last week, we realized that our OMERO clients (OMERO.admin,
OMERO.insight, and OMERO.importer) were not compatible with Java 1.6
on Windows XP.  Trying to run our clients with Java 1.6 gives a crash
that is not logged on our servers, so we have only discovered this
when one of our own boxes was updated.  Unfortunately, Windows XP
boxes are being auto-updated to Java 1.6, so many of you will have
problems with our clients.

We have identified the nature of the problem and produced new
versions of our currently released clients.  These appear to fix the
problem and are compatible with Java1.6.  We will test them over the
weekend and the first part of next week.  If they work with no
problems, we will make them available on Wednesday April 25 on our
MilestoneDownloads pages, http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/
wiki/MilestoneDownloads.

Thanks again for your support.

Cheers,