[ome-users] Flexibility in MATLAB Chains

Tom Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 23 17:12:44 BST 2006

Melissa (debartolomeo at ece.ucsb.edu) wrote:

I want to take a given image (in this case, a Z-stack of microtubule
images) and run it through an analysis chain as below:

1. Original 5D ->
2. Binary Image (creates new PixelSet) ->
3. Microtubule-specific tracking algorithm (which requires BOTH the
Original Image and the Binary Image) ->
(4.) output PixelSets

we want to do the binary calculations offline, or, at least prior to the
tracking alorithm.  however, we also want the flexibility at stage 3 to
query whether the binary image has been created, and if it hasnt, to
create it.  Is there a way to do this?  I know that the pixel sets are
related, but how do we specifically ask whether a certain set (binary)
relating to a gloabl set (original), has been created?

If you can help (I'm sure it's just that I'm not understanding something
as fully as I could) that would be great.  Have a good day!