[ome-users] Install problems

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Oct 2 14:44:42 BST 2006

Hi Glenn,

Version 1.49 of DBD::Pg is known to be incompatible with OME. It is
also known that 1.43 works, and 1.45 is invalid. The OME installer
attempts to download and install version 1.43.

My guess is that you have 1.49 installed via RPM (perl-DBD-Pg), and
need to remove it before the version downloaded by the installer can
take precedence.

I noticed that the Fedora Core installation instructions are wrong,
and state that you should install perl-DBD-Pg via RPM -- I will
correct them.

-Curtis