[ome-users] Installing on RedHat 4 ES

InCho Chong imagesincho at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 07:20:34 GMT 2006

We are finally trying to install OME on RedHat 4 ES and finding that I
am getting an error while installing GD:

  \_ GD [NOT INSTALLED]

Would you like to install GD from the repository ? [y/n]: y
    \_ Downloading
http://openmicroscopy.org/packages/perl/GD-1.33.tar.gz [SUCCESS].
    \_ Unpacking [SUCCESS].
    \_ Configuring NOTICE: This module requires libgd 1.8.3 or higher
(shared library version 4.X).

Please choose the features that match how libgd was built:
Build JPEG support? [y] y
Build FreeType support? [y] y
Build XPM support? [y] y

If you experience compile problems, please check the @INC, @LIBPATH and @LIBS
arrays defined in Makefile.PL and manually adjust, if necessary.

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for GD
[SUCCESS].
    \_ Compiling [FAILURE].

Errors executing task: Unable to compile module, see
PerlModuleTask.log for details. at (eval 33) line 1

 at ./install.pl line 80
        main::run_tasks() called at ./install.pl line 249
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.

Above could be related to the fact that I was not able to get
following modules installed on the RH4:
 perl-CPAN
 perl-TermReadKey
 perl-Parse-RecDescent