[ome-users] Pre-requisite libraries in non-standard location

matthew couchman (JIC) matthew.couchman at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 14:57:58 GMT 2006

Hi,

i'm having some problems starting the installation of OME. I think it
may be because although we have the pre-requiste C libraries installed
they are in a non-standard location. When I try and run install.pl I
get:

perl install.pl -l
----------------------------
 C Library Dependency Setup
----------------------------

(All verbose information logged in /tmp/LibraryTask.log)

Checking libraries
  \_ libssl 0.9.7 [OK].
  \_ libpng [NOT INSTALLED].
  \_ libjpeg [NOT INSTALLED].
  \_ libtiff [NOT INSTALLED].
  \_ libgd [NOT INSTALLED].
  \_ zlib 1.1.4 [OK].
  \_ libdb_B-Tree 3 [OK].
  \_ libxml2 2.6.8 [OK].
  \_ libxsltPlease specify the location of the "xslt-config" binary [q
to quit]: q
 [NOT INSTALLED].
  \_ expat 1.95 [OK].
  \_ bzlib [NOT INSTALLED].

Although all these libraries are present albeit in different locations.
How do I point install.pl in the right direction? Or am I barking up the
wrong tree?

Thanks for your help,

		Matt.