[ome-users] Changing the perl2 code

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Wed Jun 28 15:23:37 BST 2006

This depends how you installed the code.
If you specified a developer installation (not the default), then the
web pages will be served out of the directory tree containing the
installer you ran.  A developer install allows you to modify the
files in place, and they will be available immediately from the
server.  Occasionally Apache doesn't detect that you've modified a
file, so an Apache restart is required (sudo apachectl restart, or
sudo /etc/init.d/httpd restart).

If you changed things in perl2 without a developer install, then you
will have to run the installer in that directory tree for the changes
to take effect because the pages are being served from the system's
perl library (type perl -V, and look at what's listed under '@INC').
You can always run the installer with the -y flag to so that it does
the update without pestering you with questions.

-Ilya