[ome-users] Image impoorters

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Fri Jun 23 16:07:00 BST 2006

Hi All
I know that some of you have developed your own flavors of image
importers for getting images into OME.
I have been working on some much needed cleaning up, bug fixing and
optimizations in the import code (sub-classes of
OME::ImportEngine::AbstractFormat), but unfortunately it will almost
certainly break importers that are not in the code-base.

Basically I wanted to take a little survey to find out how many
custom importers are out there, and how this transition should be
handled:
A.  Commit new importers to CVS-HEAD and wait for the screaming.
B.  Commit new importers to a branch for testing, then move to HEAD
and wait for the screaming due to the ignored branch.
C.  Volunteer to fix other people's importers for them.

Probably everyone would prefer option C, but that all depends on how
many of you are out there.

-Ilya