[ome-users] Getting Raw Pixels from OME-XML file

Nicholas Lahens lahensn at canisius.edu
Tue Aug 15 21:06:54 BST 2006

Hi everyone,
I've been working on some java classes which interface with
the OME-JAVA package, making it a bit easier to work with.
I'm currently working on a method which extracts metadata
from an OME-XML file. It uses the OMENode and ImageNode
classes to extract an image's basic dimensions. However, I
run into trouble when I try to get the raw pixel data (ie the
byte array). Is there an easy built-in way to get this? The
pixel factory relies upon a login and session key, but I
would like to be able to extract the pixels directly from the
file without loggin into the server. Do I need to convert the
node into an Element and then extract the pixel data directly
from the attribute? Thanks for any help.

Nick