[ome-users] Matlap trouble "mex -O"

T. J. Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 26 13:46:20 BST 2005

Valentin,

> I have installed the student version of MATLAB which doesn't have  mex
> or the install script could't find it.
My mex is installed on /Applications/MATLAB701/bin/mex
Look for it under /bin/mex in your MATLAB installation root.

> I decided then to install Octave just to have "mex", but obviously was
> the wrong thing to do :-(
Yeah. Not good. I am actually very happy that the install failed for
you in such an obvious way. If the failure was more subtle, I don't
know what I would do. I could never for the life of me guess that
somebody might want to install Octave just for mex.

I never tried to get OME working with the MATLAB student license.
That's something I actually would like to look into -- just too busy at
the moment. I don't know whether the student version includes mex or
not. Probably, because mex is just a shell script. But you need to find
out. Without a mex, OME/MATLAB stuff cannot be compiled and installed.
Look in the directory I suggested, I think your paths might be
incomplete.

Tom