[ome-users] Ome installation Apache problems

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Thu Aug 18 15:06:09 BST 2005

OK, it appears that the OME include directive did not make it into this
httpd.conf.
The installer reports that it did, but it appears that Suse did a nice
job of carving up httpd.conf, so who knows where the problem lies?
What happens if you execute this:
grep -ri ome /etc/apache2

What's in the /etc/apache2/mod_perl-startup.pl file?
How about /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf ?
I'm not altogether sure that the LoadModule line is all that's needed.
Usually you also need:
AddModule mod_perl.c

The thing to try is to add this line at the bottom of
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf
Include /OME/conf/httpd.ome.conf

All that we're trying to do is set your apache to run perl scripts in
/OME/perl2 using mod_perl. Actually only a single script - serve.pl.  I
am totally unfamiliar with Suse, so I'm running out of ideas.   Maybe
you can locate some Suse person to help you do this?  Its actually a
very common thing to use Linux/Apache/mod_perl as an application
server.  We're really not trying to do anything very special or very
strange (in the Linux world).

-Ilya