[ome-users] Ome installation Apache problems

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Wed Aug 17 14:55:33 BST 2005

I am not sure how Suse configures its Apache or wether or not the
Apache installation was modified from the stock distribution.
Unfortunately, there are as many ways of configuring apache as there
are unix systems on which it runs.  Also, the linux distribution you
are using (Suse) is not regularly tested - the distributions that are
regularly tested are RedHat Fedora Core 1, 2 and 3, Debian, and OS X
(although the latest versions of Debian and OS X 10.4 are having some
issues we are trying to resolve).  Unfortunately, we don't have the
resources to support and regularly test all possible unix variants so
we try to hit the most "popular".

You got an error because the location of the test script on the file
system (/OME/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl) did not resolve properly when
accessed through a URL (http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl).
There are several reasons why this could have happened - most likely a
problem with the apache configuration file (/etc/apache2/httpd.conf).
It would be helpful if you sent the contents of
/var/tmp/OME/install/ApacheConfigTask.log.  It may help diagnose the
problem.

If you would like to try Fedora Core 1, 2 or 3 you might be able to
avoid installation problems that way.

-Ilya