[ome-users] cannot find results for 'find and track spots'

Josiah Johnston siah at nih.gov
Wed Apr 27 13:25:27 BST 2005

This message bounced off the list last time I sent it. Now that is
fixed, and it can go up for posterity. Jason's coverage of the issue
mostly overlaps this, but not completely. I've also addressed this
problem in the main branch of cvs. When viewing node executions, the
links that we guess you would want to click on are in bold, and fewer
links are displayed.

I'll start with a disclaimer, the analysis portion of OME is fairly
functional, but isn't terribly user friendly. We plan to correct that
in our next release.

Currently, the UI expects you to have some knowledge of the underlying
data model. Briefly, a chain is made of nodes. Nodes correspond to
analysis modules. A chain execution is made of Node Executions. Each
node in the chain will have one or more executions. A node execution
corresponds to exactly one module Executions. The payload is in the
Module Executions. For a better overview, you can read
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/concepts/analysis-modules.html

The upshot: To view the results of a "Find and track spots" chain
execution,
	get to the page that starts out with "AnalysisChainExecution (ID xxx)"
	click "Find spots" to see its node executions
	You should get a list of node executions, near the bottom of each you
should see: "Find Spots ran against <image_thumbnail>"
	Click on the "Find Spots" in that sentence for the image you are
interested in.
	You've now arrived at your data.

 From the Module Execution page, you can check out the numeric data in
table format, or view the centroids of the spots as graphic overlays in
the SVG viewer.

Regarding the second question, the owner of a chain can be distinct
from the owner of a chain execution. Often, an administrator type will
import a chain and biologist types will run it against their datasets.
The Find and track spots chain gets imported during installation.

-Josiah